UK mattress sizes
- Single Beds 90 x 190cm (3'0" x 6'3")
- Double Beds 135 x 190cm (4'6" x 6'3")
- King Size Beds 150 x 200cm (5'0 x 6'6")
- Superking French Beds 180 x 200cm (6'0" x 6'6")
- Large Emperor Beds 215 x 215cm (7'0" x 7'0")
"Don't overlook the finer details - ruffles, broderie anglaise, scalloped edging, ladder stitching, white on white embroidery - they'll really give your bedroom a hotel chic finish, and a hotel laundry tip: spray starch on the corners of your pillows and duvets to give them that freshly-pressed hotel linen look too."
"If you’re a fan of frills and pretty, these French bed linens are for you"
About Luxury Bed Linen & French Bedding Sets
how to dress a bed
Once you’ve sourced your luxurious bedding set, you’ll likely want to provide those all-important finishing touches to create that gorgeously indulgent feel. Whilst we make our beds countless times throughout our life, to truly dress a bed, you’ll need to incorporate the perfect balance of cosy, comfortable bedding and perfectly co-ordinated soft furnishings and accessories. In fact, we’ve examined every aspect of dressing a bed in our ‘How To Dress A Bed’ blog feature, for in depth detail on how to create those all-important finishing touches to your beautiful bedroom space.
How To Fold A Fitted Sheet
Whilst the majority of bed linens can be neatly folded and stored, fitted sheets have earned a notorious reputation for being tricky to conquer. The four elasticated sides make rolling it a tempting option, however, once the correct technique is mastered, you can simply fold and store with ease. Here are our three super simple steps to folding your beautifully crisp fitted sheets:
Step 1: Hand placement
Pop your hands in each end of the long side of your fitted sheet. You’ll want the top side of the sheet facing you, so ensure the seams in the corners are facing outwards.
Step 2: The tuck
Reach across from one hand to the other and tuck the corner into the opposite side. You will need to complete this on both sides, effectively folding your fitted sheet in half. Once you have done this, you will again need to place hands in the two remaining corners, and tuck once more, ensuring all corners are now tucked together.
Step 3: The fold
Once complete, you can lay your sheet down and beginning folding. We would recommend beginning with folding lengthways into thirds, first folding over the curved edge containing the corners, before covering with the final third. You can then flip your sheet over and again fold it into thirds, to ensure it is compact, neat and tidy, perfectly prepared for future use.
How To Care for Silk Bed Linen
Whilst silk offers undeniable comfort and luxury, it is a delicate material and needs additional care and attention. Avoid putting silk bed linen in a tumble dryer, and always iron it on the lowest setting when the fabric is fully dry. It also requires a little extra care when it comes to stain removal. Whilst silk stains easily, it will require delicate treatment. This includes gentle use of a cold, damp cloth and organic cleaning materials. For more on how to care for your silk sheets, check out our Silk Bed Linen Care Guide.
How To Iron Bed Sheets
When investing in premium quality French Bed Linens, you will most likely want to keep them in immaculate condition for years to come. Whilst ironing bed sheets may seem a slight chore, once done they offer a fabulous freshness and immaculate finish you will absolutely adore. With this in mind, here are our key tips for ironing your linens, and how to save both time and energy when doing so.
- In order to minimise creases and wrinkles, always air dry your sheets, hanging them straight in a soft breeze on a dry day where possible.
- For best results, iron your bedsheets whilst they are still slightly damp. Combine this with using a hottest setting on your iron, and you will conquer the most stubborn of creases.
- Short on time? Fold your linens in half before ironing to half the coverage you will need to go over. When damp and using a hot iron, you will still be able to tackle the most noticeable wrinkles.
- Another time saving tip is to iron bedding whilst laid across your bed. When doing this, be sure to glide your iron over at a reasonably quick pace to avoid any damage to your mattress.
- For additional creases spotted when your cotton sheets are fitted, stretch your bedding tightly over your mattress, and spray with a fabric conditioner and water solution, before allowing to dry. This will allow any stubbon crease
- A secret ingredient to many fabric soothing solutions is vodka. Mix this with vinegar and a few drops of essential oils and shake well before use. This will ensure you a beautifully smooth, fabulous smelling bed.
- Spraying starch over your luxury bedding sets before ironing will give them that true hotel feel. Starch will slightly stiffen your bedding without making it too crisp, as well as adding more body, ensuring they feel lovely and cool on a warm summers evening.
- Don’t forget the pillowcases! These are the pièce de resistance of your bed, not only from a comfort point of view, but also offering that real wow factor when beautifully ironed. For that added luxurious touch, spray with essential oils or fabric conditioner when done.
Ever Growing Floral Bedding
Luxury floral bedding isn’t a new concept. It’s been adding style and sophistication to bedrooms for decades, and rather than aging, it continues to evolve and develop, ensuring it continues to create a luxurious, stylish finish in every bedroom.
Styles vary greatly – vintage florals offer a quaint, feminine finish that combines beautifully with most French furniture pieces also found in the boudoir, such as immaculately upholstered beds, or tall, towering hand carved armoires. The more modern floral bedding designs feature larger botanical prints featuring not only flowers but palms and leaves too.
Luxury Bedding Trends in 2022
2022 is pitched to be the year of the floral bed. Think bold bed frames, eye catching colour schemes, accessory coordination, and of course, eye catching luxury bedding sets. Not only do we specialise in statement French beds, but our gorgeous French bedding offers the perfect accompaniment to your gorgeous boudoir.
Within our carefully curated collection, you’ll find feminine florals, voluptuous vintage designs, and of course sensual silks. We select our bed linens based on their premium, luxury composition as well as their timeless, French chic designs that are sure to offer undeniable style for years to come. Our bedding isn’t a flash in the pan for 2022, it’s timeless, luxurious, and will no doubt provide the most comfortable space to wrap in and relax.